Saturday, November 25, 2006

Cardiff-mania

I spent a week in Cardiff to get some space and to recollect myself again. It's been a while since I've been able to feel so connected. Living in Manchester is nice but it doesn't have that feeling of comfort, the one where you know you can just pick up a phone and call a few of your good friends out for a coffee or even a quick visit. It's the lack of such luxuries which makes me miss my uni life so much. How I envy my friends who are still in uni. Thing is that when I was in Cardiff, I had absolutely nothing to do during the day when everyone was at work or school but then come the night, there'd be a multitude of options for me to pick from. However, by then, I'd be totally exhausted from being up since 7 in the morning.

Tonight was different though. I met up with a friend who was doing an internship in this city. We were never the best of friends - we never had the opportunity since there wasn't enough time in Cardiff - but today was an amazing day. I had so much fun just catching up with her and generally getting my social groove back. She's been doing really well for herself as an intern in an architech firm and I'm very pleased to see that. We walked through the Christmas market and shared a nutella crepe as well. Talk about orgasmic! :) All in all, it was a good day out. I can't wait till we meet up again next time. I promised to cook so I better whip out that recipe book of mine to make something nice. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home