Friday, October 13, 2006

Repetitive Lifestyles

It's been almost two months since I left the UK. After Han went home, my tour guide task ended and I became officially unemployed again. Job hunting is such a mundane process where one fills in endless amounts of applications in hope of a single response. Some of the questions asked of the applicants are just ridiculous: give an instance where you've thought out of the box. How often does someone react to something or do something and then sit there to think - Oh yes, that was out of the box! How ludicrous!

Nonetheless, it is inevitable for one such as myself to undertake this dull, vicious cycle of a process since I really need a job. On the brighter side of life, I've had some response even if it wasn't a completely favorable one. I was given a phone interview last week and even though I didn't get the job, at least I know that to expect for that type of position.

All my days seem to be merging together here. Everyday, I wake up, get on the pc, fill in applications, send resumes, chat with people online only to find that mom's come home and it's dinner time already. On the odd occasion if I'm really lucky, I get to go out and meet some of my friends. Tonight will be one such night. Starting with drinks by the pool, we'll see how the night progresses. I might even get to go clubbing after. It's been so long since I've had the chance that I barely remember what the inside of a club looks like!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home